Qualification and Validation Services
- High quality reports, experienced staff and efficient processes
Ellab’s equipment qualification and validation services are available in North America and Europe. We offer a wide variety of validation services to meet complex requirements in regulated environments.
Let our Reliable Experts do the Work
Ellab not only manufactures the finest environmental mapping equipment available for conditions such as temperature, relative humidity (RH), carbon dioxide (CO2), pressure, vacuum, and even conductivity; we also offer validation services specializing in temperature mapping. Our team of in-house trained, expert validation engineers provide on-site validation and qualification services globally with the best customer service in the industry. Our engineers are experts in temperature mapping and are available as a package with Ellab equipment pre-calibrated, ready to hit the ground running. We can help meet complex requirements in regulated environments with significantly reduced test equipment risk.
Our expertise is specialized in life sciences including:
- The pharmaceutical industry
- Medical devices
- Biotechnology industries
Additionally, we offer testing and qualification services in the following industries:
- Biorepository/blood banking
- Food and beverage
Johnson & Johnson
I would like to express my appreciation for the quality of your work and for being extremely pleasant to interact with.
Richard L. Tallier
Manager, QA Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson
Guidelines and Standards Followed by Ellab Qualification and Validation Services
Our validation services assist our customers to meet industry requirements and guidelines established by government agencies (FDA, EU/EMA/EMEA, PMDA, TGA), industry organizations (WHO, ISO, ICH, ASTM, PDA, ISPE, CAP, USP), and industry guidelines (cGMP, cGLP, cGxP, cGDP, GAMP 5, 21 CFR Part 11, 21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211). Our equipment and software systems are validated and 21 CFR Part 11 compliant. Our ValSuite software has been audited for data integrity by third party companies.
Qualification and Validation Service Reports, Protocols and SOP’s
Our team of expert validation engineers have a focus on the quality and accuracy of all documentation provided to you for your project. Ellab can be provided with report, protocol and SOP templates or we can draft documentation designed specifically for the project.
Qualification Protocol Test Case Examples
- Installation Qualification (IQ)
- Operational Qualification (OQ)
- Performance Qualification (PQ) or Continuous Qualification (CQ)
- Power off / Power failure tests
- Door Open tests
- Temperature Distribution tests
- Temperature Penetration tests
- Alarm testing
- Loaded and Empty Mappings
- Instrument/equipment calibration
- Shelf mapping, vacuum testing, biological indicator test, Bowie Dick test, vacuum leak test, conductivity tests, riboflavin removal testing, controlled rate mapping
- And several more…
We understand how critical it is that all documentation meets current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP). Our validation experts know what is expected and how to accurately generate reports. Ellab’s validation report packages and summary reports are often leveraged during audits whether those are internal, customer, or the local governing body such as FDA or EMA.
We provide both hard and soft copies of the following as applicable:
- Final summary report
- Temperature mapping data, humidity mapping data and more.
- Executed protocol (IQ/OQ/PQ/CQ/RQ as requested)
- Test equipment and materials: Calibration certificates, pre and post verification data
- Sensor location information: Diagrams, drawings, images
- Employee training records
- Audit trails generated by our ValSuite validation and calibration software
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
Equipment Qualification and Validation Services Provided
We offer a full range of validation services required by the life science, chemical, cosmetic, food and beverage, and hospital industries. Our services often include commissioning, qualification and validation that are designed specifically to support a variety of industry guideline and regulation needs. Our support ranges from the development of templates and protocols, onsite hands-on execution and management of validation projects. The support we provide is flexible and customized in order to meet the diverse industry needs. Our experienced validation service team is familiar with the requirements from government agencies such as the FDA, EU, ICH and will document and execute projects at each facility with consistency, quality and integrity in the work product delivered.
Examples of the Services we Provide
- Validation Project Management
- Validation Planning
- Validation Staffing
- Validation Consultation
- Validation Training
- Project based validation services and defined Scope-Of-Work (SOW) validation projects
- Temperature Mapping Services
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Temperature Mapping
- Relative Humidity Mapping (RH)
- Carbon Dioxide Mapping (CO2)
- IQ / OQ / PQ Qualification and Validation Protocol Generation
- IQ / OQ / PQ Validation Report / Qualification Report Generation
- Commissioning, Qualification, Validation Services (CQV)
- Factory Acceptance Testing Services (FAT Testing), Site Acceptance Testing Services (SAT Testing)
- Installation Qualification (IQ)
- Operational Qualification (OQ)
- Performance Qualification (PQ)
- Continuous Qualification (CQ) / Requalification (RQ)
Industries that Utilize Ellab’s Validation and Equipment Qualification Services
Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs), Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs), Compounding Pharmacy, Nutraceuticals, Medical Device, Biorepositories & Blood Banks
For safety purposes, chemical manufacturers need to ensure that their products are being stored in the correct temperature conditions. Temperature mapping and sometimes humidity mapping therefore take place in areas such as storage rooms and warehouses to ensure uniformity and product stability.
Cosmetic manufacturers are required to qualify their stability chambers, which includes mapping in order to meet ICH guidelines, ensuring the generation of correct shelf life information. In addition, storage rooms and warehouses are also mapped for temperature and humidity to protect products and samples by keeping them in the desired environment.
Food and Beverage
Food and beverage companies often map their processes to ensure that the products reach the necessary temperatures for consumer safety, all while maintaining product quality. Process ovens, hydrostats, cooker coolers, retorts sterilization, smoke houses, pasteurization tunnels, warehouses and cold storages are often mapped as part of this effort.
The level of qualifications that hospitals are required to meet vary significantly depending on where in the world they are located. Some require full qualification of all steam sterilization processes, including temperature mapping, biological indicator challenges and steam quality testing, while other areas in the world have bare minimum requirements for the routine process verification using biological challenges only. Other units, such as ovens, washer disinfectors, cold storages and warehouses, are also sometimes mapped in hospital settings.
Types of Equipment Qualifications and Process Validations we Commonly Perform
Ellab validates and qualifies a large range of equipment and processes. Please contact Ellab for further information if the required process is not mentioned in the list below.
- Controlled Temperature Units (CTUs) and Environmental Chamber Qualifications / Validation Services
Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) Freezers, Mechanical Freezers (-150°C, -90°C to -60°C, -40°C, -20°C), Refrigerators (2°C to 8°C), Incubators (Temperature, Humidity, CO2), Stability chambers (Temperature, Humidity, Photostability), ICH Chambers, Temperature Controlled Trucks and Trailers.
- Environmental Room Qualification / Validation Services
Stability storage rooms, Walk-In Cold Rooms, Walk-In Freezers.
- Warehouse Mapping / Qualification / Validation Services
Meeting a variety of requirements that often include summer and winter temperature mapping of warehouses, and in some cases spring and fall. Seasonal mapping is required if meeting cGMP and / or USP 1079 Good storage and Distribution practices for drug products is needed. Calculation of Mean Kinetic Temperature (MKT) is easy with Ellab’s validated software.
- Sterilizer Qualification and Sterilizer Validation Services
Autoclave Qualification, including Cycle development, Load mapping studies, Temperature penetration studies, Biological Indicator testing, Fixed-load and variable-load approaches, Gravity and Vacuum autoclave types cGMP, cGLP, ISO 17665, EN 285 criteria.
- Depyrogenation Oven & Tunnel Qualification Services
Cycle Development, Load temperature mapping, Endotoxin challenge testing and Fixed load and variable load approaches.
- Steam-In-Place (SIP) Qualification Services
Compounding Vessels, Transfer Lines, Fill-lines, Portable Tanks, WFI systems.
- Steam Quality Testing
Dryness Value, Superheat, and Non-Condensable Gasses.
- Oven Qualification Services
Vacuum Ovens, Benchtop Ovens, Process Ovens.
- Heat Tunnel Qualification Services
- Ramping Chamber Validation Services
Controlled Rate Freezers, Blast Freezers, Shipper Container Validation Chamber.
- Shakers & Stirrers Qualification Services
- Centrifuge Qualification Services
- Water Bath Qualification and Bead Bath Qualification Services
- Glass Washer and Parts Washer Validation Services
Temperature mapping, Soil test, Conductivity, 21 CFR Part 211, ISO 13485 guidelines.
- Lyophilizer Validation / Freeze Dryer Validation Services
Shelf mapping, Product characterization mapping.
When to use Ellab
Validation and Equipment Qualification situations, in which Ellab is typically utilized:
Unexpected projects: We at Ellab understand that projects can occur unexpectedly, which is why we are flexible and committed to meet any given timeframe. We can react quickly and supplement staff, bring our own validation equipment and handle the project as independently as required.
Large projects: We can handle projects that are large in scale on condensed timelines due to the skill of our staff and the quantity of validation equipment we have available.
Specialized Expertise: Our team is highly trained with a wealth of knowledge and experience. We are often hired to perform some of the more complicated qualifications, such as autoclaves and Steam-in-Place.
Contract Validation Staffing/Staff Augmentation: We can provide staff for short-term and long-term durations for situations that require an extra pair of hands at facilities.
Find Your Local Field Service and Consulting Team Now
Ellab’s Field Service, Calibration and Consulting Teams stand ready to deploy. Equipped with years of experience and industry-leading measuring gear, there’s no task too big or too small for our dedicated teams.